We help business owners get a new venture off to a good start and expand their businesses with intention.
We also offer workshops on a variety of business topics. We provide consultation on most everything related to business, including corporate or LLC structure, contracts, employment, financing, owner disputes and withdrawals, succession planning, and buying, growing, and selling a business or professional practice.
We work with all kinds of small businesses, including contractors, healthcare and other professionals, real estate developers, service providers, and retailers.
- Formation of profit and nonprofit corporations and LLCs
Buying or Selling a Business
- Agreements and advice on mergers, acquisitions and sales
- Contract and lease review, negotiation and drafting
- Change happens. We help you anticipate and plan for it.
- Employer advice and documents from hiring to termination
- Resolution of business disputes via negotiation, mediation, collaborative law and litigation
- Debt collection and representation of creditors in bankruptcy
- We help nonprofits maintain their nonprofit status by providing sound legal advice and solid documents
Small businesses and nonprofits often go without legal advice because they think they can’t afford it.
That approach is often penny-wise and dollar-foolish. Consulting with an attorney can help identify and resolve legal issues before they become complex (and expensive) problems.
Your business structure can make a difference in liability and how much you pay in taxes.
Which structure is right for you depends on:
a) whether you are running the business alone or with others
b) whether you need to be concerned about protecting yourself from liability, and
c) your commitment to maintaining good records so you can take advantage of tax-saving strategies.